Tuesday 26 February 2013

BUTTERNUT SQUASH: PART 1



















OH SO SIMPLE BUTTERNUT SQUASH SPAGHETTI SAUCE

As I'm cooking for one, one squash, provides about three meals, hence there is a part 2 to follow.  Turns out I still don't like butternut squash but it's good to test your tastebuds every once in a while and these where the recipes I hit them with.  Use the whole squash as part 2 requires the same puree.


Butternut squash
Salt
Pepper
Basil
Lemon

1. Cut the squash lenthways in half and remove seeds.
2. Place on a baking tray, skin side down, and pop in a preheated to 180deg oven for 40 minutes.
3. Remove when tender and leave to cool.
4. When cool enough enough to handle scoop out flesh and pop into a container for blending.
5. Blend until smooth and season with salt, pepper, basil and lemon to taste.
6. You will probably need about a 1/3 of the puree for one serving of pasta.  Save the rest (or at least a 1/3) for tomorrow's recipe!



















To serve I loaded it with Tommy K, Maggi and cheese but I believe this was only necessary because I don't like the taste of butternut squash!



No comments:

Post a Comment