Sunday 24 February 2013

OH SO SIMPLE TOMATO PASTA SAUCE



















Sometimes I want to go back to basics big time.  Either I don't want to cook or I just want real easy comfort food, that I can enjoy but that won't test my palete.  Now whilst I wish pouring some passata over some spaghetti would suffice, unfortunately that's just not quite right.  Maybe it's too acidic, idk?  Anyway here's a quick and oh so easy way around it, to serve over pasta and top with cheese of course.

Sauce for one.

10 tbsp passata
5 tbsp milk
tbsp butter
onion
tsp basil

1. Put the onion (peeled and halfed), passata and butter in a pan and bring to boiling, stirring around the onion to avoid breaking it up but enough to mix the butter in.
2. Reduce heat to the lowest setting (I use the smallest ring on the hob aswell), add milk and basil.
3. Stir, cover with a lid and leave to simmer for about 40 minutes.
4. When you're ready with your pasta etc, remove the onion and you're good to go.  Although you may have to increase heat for a bit to get it hot for serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment